The Village is located in Kannur district of Kerala. The exact location is 4 Kms Northeast of Pariyaram Medical College and Ayurveda College which is 30 Kms North of Kannur city on NH 66. The nearest landmark is Kadannappally East L. P. School.
Kannur is a major railway station on the Cochin / Chennai - Mangalore line. Accessible from Goa and Mumbai through Konkan railway.
Mangalore - 155 Kms
Calicut - 120 Kms
Ernakulam - 310Kms
Thiruvananthapuram - 535Kms
Bangalore - 324Kms
Kannur Airport (55 kms) to South East
Calicut Airport (140 kms) to the south
Mangalore Airport (150 kms) to the north
Kannur is popularly known as the land of looms and lores. The word meaning is derived from the two words namely Kannan (Lord Krishna) andUr (place) from time immemorial Kannur has been a cradle of folk arts and music including Kalarippayattu, the popular martial art. Even today the myriads ofKavus (small shrines) which dot the district are centres of Theyyam, a ritual dance in which men impersonate supernatural beings. The Rajas of Chirakkal and the Biwis of Arackal accorded a warm welcome to the foreign traders who later colonized Kannur. The Fort De Angelo is a perfect example of Portuguese architecture. The Mosque of Madai, constructed way back in 1124 AD with marble shipped from Mecca is an important place of worship. Devotees throng the temple of Sri Muthappan at Parassinikkadavu and Sri Rajarajeswara temple at Taliparamba, both within 20 Kms from Kannur. The Holy Trinity Church at Burnasserry is the oldest in Kannur. The beautiful beaches at Payyambalam, Muzhappilangad drive - in beach are nature's boon to Kannur.